Friday, December 24, 2010

SNOW Day

On Monday we were all home together as a family. We decided we wanted to do something fun with the kids, so we headed up to Mount Charleston for a day of snow play. It had been raining, but I saw no signs of snow on the mountain and thought we would be disappointed when we got there. Boy was I wrong! We hit BIG snow. It was amazing and I am always in awe at the sight of snow only being 15 miles outside of the Vegas desert.

I was a little nervous with Scott driving in it and was afraid we would get stuck. We saw a few cars stuck on the roads but our 4wheel drive handled it fabulously. We went to a hill that we had been to previously to go sledding on, however there was a big sign saying closed, NO SNOW PLAY, so we found a place to pull over and let the kids just play.

There was a small hill that Scott pushed Evan off of. Hannah had no desire to be in the sled, but enjoyed playing in the snow. They both loved throwing and eating the snow and Evan was making a snow angel at one point. I don't know where he learned that, but it was pretty funny.

Daddy was really cold and was ready to get back in the car. Evan did not want to go and keep yelling I want to eat snow. Dad had to tell him we would find another spot to play, but of course we didn't, it was just a ploy to get him back in the car. Instead Scott thought it would be fun to go off roading which we did, against my wishes. Evan thought it was pretty cool. Off roading is just not for me. I told Ev that maybe daddy would get a motorcycle and they could together. I will stay home.

Anyways our little adventure turned out as an awesome family FUN day!















No comments: