Friday, May 21, 2010

My Joys

My kids are the light of my life. Even though they sometimes make me crazy and make me want to pull my hair out, they are my JOY! I love them so much and couldn't imagine life without them. I feel like sometimes I am to negative about my kids or one in particular and I don't want to look back and remember that, so I have decided that each day I am going to jot down something that one or both of my kids did that day to make me laugh or smile. Because I know that everyday there is that one little moment that I get a kick out of my kids. I would't trade these small moments for the world.

Today we were riding in the car on our way to Target when I decided to turn up the radio. I never listened to music in the car with the kids but for some reason I turned it on. Suddenly a hip hop song boomed in our car. I was about to change it, but suddnley noticed Evan clapping his hands and tapping his feet. He was getting into it, so instead of turning it I thought I would join in on his fun. I started clapping and dancing with him, which Hannah noticed and she started smiling. When I stoped at a light I turned around only to find Hannah clapping along with us. It was the best moment of the day. We clapped, smiled and danced all the way to Target.

These are the small moments that make me LOVE my children EVERYDAY.